The National Domestic Preparedness Coalition’s Homeland Security Comprehensive Assessment Model (HLS-CAM) was designed to serve as a living document to be used by those organizations with protecting citizens, facilities and infrastructure from terrorism and hostile activity.
(Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design) is a proactive crime prevention strategy utilized by planners, architects, police services, security professionals and everyday users of space. The concept utilizes the proper design and effective use of the built environment and can lead to a reduction in the incidence and fear of crime and improvement in the quality of life.
CPTED is based on three concepts:
- Natural Surveillance: Strategy directed at keeping intruders under observation such as public areas.
- Natural Access: Deny access to a crime target and create a perception of risk in offenders.
- Territorial Reinforcement: Sense of ownership in a designated area where physical design can create a sphere of influence.
About Daniel R. Finger, LLC, Physical Security Specialist
Read "The Basics of Security Door Hardware" by Dan Finger
- Experienced Security Director with several corporations at various locations throughout the country at stand-alone or multiple locations.
- Directed proprietary, contract and law enforcement security departments, enhanced or redesigned security departments as necessary.
- Interacted with various regulatory agencies. Ex: Joint Commission, Corporate Administration, Risk Management and Legal Departments, Corporate Compliance and Law Enforcement.
- Excellent diplomatic skills with community leaders, civic organizations and various law enforcement agencies.
- Conducted risk analysis/security surveys to evaluate vulnerabilities, threat risk and make appropriate and reasonable recommendations.
- Bachelors Degree in Criminal Justice from the State University College at Buffalo.
- Masters Degree in Public Administration from Troy University.
- Board Certified (CPP) Certified Protection Professional through the American Society for Industrial Security.
- Certified Healthcare Protection Administrator (CHPA) through the International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety.
- Trained in Homeland Security Comprehensive Assessment Model(HLS-CAM).
- Designated CPTED (Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design) Practitioner through the State of Florida Office of Attorney General.
. Dan composed an article for Buildings Magazine
and is currently featured on their web site, www.buildings.com